Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

Carnegie Library

The Carnegie library building was a gift to the town from Andrew Carnegie, among the more than 2,500 libraries he funded around the world.The brick building was constructed in 1904 on land donated by Caroline Osborn Warren, a descendant of the Edgartown Osborn whaling family who lived next door. The building served as the public library for the town until a new library was completed in 2016. The Carnegie will become a heritage and welcome center, telling the story of the Vineyard and the Preservation Trust through the lens of the organization’s historic landmark properties.

Built: 1904

Carnegie Library

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-Logo
Carnegie Library

loading map - please wait...

Carnegie Library 41.390262, -70.510931

Public street parking