The Chappy Schoolhouse is a rare remaining example of a New England one-room school building. This simple Cape was the primary educational facility for generations of Chappaquiddick children until the 1950’s, when the Schoolhouse was moved by the Heywood family to their property overlooking Cape Pogue for use as a summer house. When the Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank acquired this scenic land in 2005, the Schoolhouse was deeded to the Preservation Trust, which moved it to the Marshall Farm. It is now used as a place of environmental learning for Chappy kids.
Public street parking