Jocelyn Filley Photography

The stately Dr. Daniel Fisher House is conveniently located in the heart of Edgartown village.

Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

Dr. Daniel Fisher House

This stately Federal style residence was built by Dr. Daniel Fisher, an owner of whaling ships who, during the height of the Whaling Era, was one of the wealthiest men in the country. At the turn of the Twentieth Century, it was owned by Senator William Morgan Butler, the politically influential Chairman of the Republican National Committee. During Butler’s ownership, significant architectural and landscape features were added including the porte cochere facing the West Garden and, on the opposite side, the graceful semi-circular porch and the East Lawn.

The Fisher House was acquired in 1975, through the generosity of Fairleigh and Elizabeth Dickinson, the founders of the Preservation Trust. Initially, the house was renovated to provide office space for local companies and Town departments. In 1992, the mansion’s interior was extensively restored and decorated as the first Martha’s Vineyard Designer Show house. It has since been used as an elegant location for private parties and wedding receptions, as well as housing the main offices of the Trust.

Built: 1840
Acquired: 1975
Capacity: 250
Phone: 508-627-4440

Dr. Daniel Fisher House

99 Main Street, Edgartown

Public street parking

Dr. Daniel Fisher House, Edgartown, MA United States

loading map - please wait...

Dr. Daniel Fisher House, Edgartown, MA United States 41.391179, -70.515339