Grange Hall Pricing
$500.00 for five hours
Additional time available as needed at $50 per hour
(Additional time must be reserved and paid in advance)
- One MVPT Theater Technician to operate the stage lighting and house sound system
- Seating for 125 (chairs are for Theater use only)
- Use of second-floor residential kitchenette and downstairs restroom facilities
- Use of two dressing rooms in backstage area
- Use of upright piano on stage (tuning of piano $200 additional)
The Upstairs Theater is heated but not air-conditioned. It is equipped with ceiling fans, black-out blinds and a pull-down movie screen. Microphones and speakers are included in the fee. House inventory of tech gear is limited and appropriate for acoustic musical performance or lecture. High quality rental gear and experienced sound technicians are available on-island. See vendor recommendations.
Downstairs Main Hall (access times dependent on availability)
$500 Non-Profit Rate (Tax ID# required)
- Capacity is 150 for seated dining event; 200 theater-style or standing
- Theater Technician support is not included or available
- No stage, theatrical lighting or PA system in the room
- Includes use of commercial kitchen; restroom facilities and upright piano (tuning of piano $200 additional)
The Main Hall is heated but not air-conditioned. It is equipped with ceiling fans.
Grange Hall Policies
A representative of the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust shall be on the property at all times during performances, rehearsals and sound checks to oversee the use of the house sound system and stage lighting.
Only persons designated by the representative of the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust shall be admitted to the tech loft area. There is no public access or seating permitted in the tech loft.
Food and beverage is allowed in the Upstairs Theater.
No smoking is permitted inside the Grange Hall or Upstairs Theater.
Reservation payments are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
There is ample parking at the Grange Hall.
The Licensee is solely responsible for all publicity, promotional materials and ticket sales.
The Licensee must obtain prior permission from the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust if the event is to be attended by outside media for the purpose of recording or broadcast.
The Town of West Tisbury requires a permit for any public gathering of more than 25 people. Service of alcohol at public events is regulated. For more information on obtaining a permit and regulations regarding the service of alcohol, please contact Jennifer Rand, Town Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org