Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

John Coffin House

The John Coffin House is the oldest commercial structure on North Water Street in Edgartown. Built at the turn of the 18th Century as a residence for a prosperous mariner, the house was also for many years a tavern and inn. Owned by the North Water Street Corporation, a subsidiary organization of the Preservation Trust, the John Coffin House was saved from demolition and acquired in 1946. It remains in commercial use today, housing a number of successful retail businesses.

Built: 1703
Acquired: 1946

John Coffin House

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-Logo
John Coffin House, 12 North Water Street, Edgartown, MA, United States

loading map - please wait...

John Coffin House, 12 North Water Street, Edgartown, MA, United States 41.389458, -70.512973

Public street parking