Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

 

Old Sculpin Gallery

The Old Sculpin Gallery was acquired by the Trust in 2005 through a gift of the Martha’s Vineyard Art Association, which continues to operate their non-profit gallery and educational programs in the 1840 wharf building. The name “Old Sculpin” is an affectionate reference to Manuel Swartz Roberts who, for 50 years, had his wooden boat-building shop there.

The weathered, beamed structure was built by Dr. Daniel Fisher to serve as a grain warehouse for his fleet of whaling ships and it still stands on the Edgartown waterfront as a sentinel from earlier times.

Built: 1840
Acquired: 2005
Phone: 508-627-4881

Old Sculpin Gallery

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-Logo
Old Sculpin Gallery, 58 Dock Street, Edgartown, MA, United States

loading map - please wait...

Old Sculpin Gallery, 58 Dock Street, Edgartown, MA, United States 41.389503, -70.510297

Public street parking