Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

Old West Tisbury Library

Built by Moses Mitchell as part of the Mitchell Boys School campus, this Second Empire building served as the town library for more than fifty years. In 1892, the same year as the town was incorporated, the West Tisbury Free Public Library Association purchased the former study hall and dormitory. The building opened as the town’s library in 1893 and was operated independently until 1968, when the town voted to accept the library as a gift from the private association. Acquired by the Trust in 1999, it is once again a cultural and educational center. The Old West Tisbury Library is the present home of Island Theatre Workshop, a local non-profit performing arts organization.

Built: 1870
Acquired: 1999
Phone: 508-693-2769

Old West Tisbury Library

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-Logo
Old West Tisbury Library, 12 Music Street, West Tisbury, MA, United States

loading map - please wait...

Old West Tisbury Library, 12 Music Street, West Tisbury, MA, United States 41.381116, -70.675800

Public street parking