Old Whaling Church
Old Whaling Church Pricing
$1,000 for five hours
Additional time available as needed at $50 per hour
(Additional time must be reserved and paid in advance)
- One MVPT Theater Technician to operate the stage lighting and house sound system
- Seating for 470 (94 fixed pews | 5 people per pew)
- Use of one Green Room in lower level with performers’ entrance to stage
- Use of Steinway “C” concert grand piano, tuning available on request (with sufficient notice) for an additional fee of $200
- Use of restrooms located on street level.
- Use of lift.
The Performance Hall is heated but not air-conditioned. Microphones and speakers are included in the fee. House inventory of tech gear is limited and appropriate for acoustic musical performance or lecture. Experienced sound engineers with high quality rental gear and are available on-island. See vendor recommendations.
Due to the large windows affording ambient light, projection of images or movies is not successful in the space. LED monitors provide clear and bright images and are available for rent from our preferred vendors.
Baylies Room Reception Hall
$250 Per event
- Capacity is 40 classroom-style; 75 theater-style; 80 banquet-style or 125 standing
- Theater Technician support is not included or available (see vendor recommendations)
- No stage, theatrical lighting or PA system in the room
- Includes use of 75-folding chairs; 8-8′ banquet tables and restroom facilities
The Baylies Room is heated but not air-conditioned.
Old Whaling Church Policies
A representative of the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust shall be on the property at all times during performances, rehearsals and sound checks to oversee the use of the house sound system and stage lighting.
Only persons designated by the representative of the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust shall be admitted to the tech loft area. There is no public access or seating permitted in the tech loft.
No food and beverage is allowed in the Performance Hall of the Old Whaling Church.
No smoking is permitted inside or on the front steps of the Old Whaling Church.
Reservation payments are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
Two parking spaces in the parking lot behind the Old Whaling Church are designated for use by the Licensee during time of use. All other spaces in the lot are privately leased and not available for use. It is the Licensee’s responsibility to make arrangements for and to identify available public parking for patrons.
The Licensee is solely responsible for all publicity, promotional materials and ticket sales.
The Licensee must obtain prior permission from the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust if the event is to be attended by outside media for the purpose of recording or broadcast.