The Osborne Wharf Building is the oldest commercial structure on the Edgartown waterfront. It was built as a warehouse for goods shipped to and from the Vineyard by the Osborne family, prosperous 19th Century ship owners. It was acquired by Capt. Samuel Norton in the 1940’s and was donated to the Preservation Trust by his children; S. Bailey Norton, Floyd Norton and Drucilla Park in 2008. Today, it remains in maritime use as the chandlery of Martha’s Vineyard Shipyard.
Osborn Wharf Building, 45 Dock Street, Edgartown, MA, United States
Public street parking