The architectural centerpiece of the West Garden was designed by Francis Peabody in the same year that Fisher House was constructed. The onion-domed roof, ornamented with a gilded pineapple, was influenced by his voyage to Russia on his father’s ship, Augustus. This “Little Summer House” was originally located at the Peabody estate, Glen Magna Farm, in Danvers, Massachusetts. It graced their formal garden for 118 years until Louise Endicott’s death in 1958, when the family donated the estate to the Danvers Historical Society. The Gazebo was inherited by her nephew, Samuel Thoron, and moved to his residence at Seven Gates Farm on Martha’s Vineyard. The Thoron family donated the Peabody Gazebo to the Preservation Trust in 2008.
Public street parking