Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Plugin Powered By Weblizar

Vincent House Museum

The Island’s oldest residence was continuously owned by generations of the Vincent family until 1940. It was originally located at the shore of the Edgartown Great Pond, which provided its inhabitants with a rich source of shellfish and waterfowl. The house was donated to the Trust in 1977 by the MacKenty and Bigelow families and moved to its current location on the Fisher House property for use as a museum, depicting life on the Island throughout the last four centuries.

The interior is remarkably intact, and features rare examples of pre-Colonial architectural details including gunstock posts, bay-board flooring, hand-wrought hardware and wattle and daub insulation. The entrance ell contains beams and boards which pre-date the main house and are thought to be lone surviving elements of a house that stood on the original property in 1638. The house is furnished with a combination of period antiques acquired from the DAR Museum and reproductions on permanent loan from Plimoth Plantation. Adjacent to the Vincent House are a fruit orchard and an Elizabethan herb garden.

Built: 1672
Acquired: 1977
Phone: 508-627-4440

Vincent House Museum

icon-car.pngKML-LogoFullscreen-LogoQR-code-logoGeoJSON-LogoGeoRSS-Logo
Vincent House Museum, Edgartown, MA United States

loading map - please wait...

Vincent House Museum, Edgartown, MA United States 41.391179, -70.515339

Public street parking